Sunday, March 20, 2016

DeMorgenzon Reserve Chenin Blanc 2014





DeMorgenzon Reserve Chenin Blanc 2014
14,0%
23e (Wine-Searcher)


So, my white wine season has been opened.. Spring is finally here, fuck yeah!

South African whites haven`t been admittedly too much in my wine repertoire.
Made a promise to myself that this year I will start to explore white wine categories/styles out side of my comfort zone. In other words, probably more towards New World, and modern style...
This wine was given to me as a present, and was definitely a good start...

Aromatically a bit tight: some funk, bee wax, florality, lemon.
Electric first attack with a good weight, at first almost overwhelming; full of tropical fruits, ripe lychee, pears, lime, with a good amount of chalky minerality, and in the background a hint of  toasty caramel and creaminess. Full bodied, yet not too heavy at all, almost refreshing. 14% alc. feels only as a slight warmer.
Somewhat piercing acidity dominates a bit in the finish, and promises a good aging potential. Intriguingly long and profound aftertaste.
A gorgeous Chenin Blanc!
92









No comments:

Post a Comment